Wax Candle Dye
- Type: Art, Crafts and Sewing
🕯️Wax Candle Dye 🤩
We offer high-quality solid dyes, suitable for wax and paraffin bases. Dyes for candles are completely dissolved, there won’t be any clots in the candle mass, and staining will be even. In addition, the finished candle keeps the brightness of the color, the surface is not flaked, does not tarnish with time.
Important to know:
1. How to increase the number of shades? The dye is easily crushed into small pieces, which allows you to mix it with other dyes, thus creating a variety of colors and shades.
2. Acceleration of dissolution. To accelerate the process of dissolution of the dye mix with the mass of the candle at a temperature of at least 150 - 170 °F degrees
3. How to calculate the required amount of dye
Dosage depends on the fat content, hardness, and purity of candle mass. More dye is required for wax candles. To dye the entire base of paraffin weighing 1 lb, only 0.02-0.06 oz of dye is sufficient. For wax weighing the same, you need to add 0.03-0.08 oz.
4. Dyeing of candles can be executed in two ways:
Entire dyeing. The dye is added to the paraffin mixture of the melted base, is mixed thoroughly until full solidification, and then poured into a mold.
Partial dyeing. Dipping finished product in the solution is carried out after the complete solidification of the candles.
benefits of eco-candles:
- cleaner burning - no toxins, carcinogens or pollutants which means it's less likely to trigger allergies. no petrol-carbon soot like you get from petroleum-based paraffin candles.
- longer lasting - soy wax burns cooler which means that you can enjoy your soy wax candle for generally 30-50% longer than a paraffin candle.
- supports our American farmers (instead of foreign oil conglomerates).
- biodegradable and water soluble. since our candles are made out of soybeans, they are naturally biodegradable which makes accidental spills easier to clean.
- stimulates the economy by utilizing a natural, renewable resource.
- our soy wax is certified kosher, contains no herbicides or pesticides and is genetically unaltered.
- we only use high-quality scents and dyes.
- no lead or zinc cored wicks - ever! all our wicks are made of either cotton, paper or hemp.